View previous topic :: View next topic  
Piccola/Khranki
Kinship Successor

re: BOOTCAMP

“I’ve just rolled a character in a new class, and I like it but there’s so much to learn! Help!”

“I’ve played this class for a few years, but I went away and now there are these trait tree things, and I’m finding it hard to balance my skills just how I want them.”

“I’ve just hit 100 and my stats suck! How can I optimise my class through virtues and gear?”

“My friend who I play alongside is always complaining about things I do that interfere with her class’s skills, and I’d like to know how to stop pissing her off.”

“I’ve been playing my class a while, but recently I’ve noticed some other people in the same class who seem to make miracles happen, and I’d love to learn a few new tricks.”

“I usually play pve solo, but I recently joined Oceanic Warriors, the best raiding kin on Landroval, and I’m running heaps more group content. Suddenly I need to know how to use skills I’ve never touched, and I’d like to know more!”

Oceanic Warriors presents:

BOOTCAMP

A series of live tutorial sessions run by members of our own extended community who have great experience playing their chosen classes, and a great wealth of knowledge to share with you!

Here at Oceanic Warriors we pride ourselves on welcoming members with a wide range of playstyles, backgrounds, and skill sets, and we always make it work! Together we have conquered some of the toughest group content in the game, though some said we’d never make it. We are lucky to have a core group of brilliant players who have amazing skills in their favourite classes; these guys have dragged us screaming through Sari Surma, the Deeping Wall, and the wings of Isengard, and it’s time for us to learn how they do it!

So if you’ve ever heard yourself screaming one of the above sentences into your TS headset, or even if you’re just mildly curious about the way other people play your class, check out our upcoming Bootcamp series!

Bootcamp sessions will be scheduled on the calendar at oceanic-warriors.com so head over there to see when your class will be put under the microscope - and don’t forget to put your name down using the sign-up function!

A Bootcamp session will also be scheduled for learning the quintessential OW leadership style, for anyone interested in becoming involved as a Raid Leader! This will be a workshop-style session, with input from many of our successful raid leaders, so don't miss out on that!

Last edited by Piccola/Khranki on Sun Jul 19, 2015 4:33 pm; edited 3 times in total
Piccola/Khranki
Kinship Successor

BOOTCAMP SESSIONS NOW UP ON THE CALENDAR

The first three bootcamp sessions have been scheduled on the calendar!

26 July, 11am (Calendar time)
LEADERSHIP
A workshop-style tutorial session run by our own great and masterful raid leaders, who will share some of the tips and tricks that make them great, oceanicwarriors-style! If you're interested in leading some runs, come along to this session to get a few handy hints on how to make them successful. Particularly helpful for anyone interested in becoming an Officer in the kinship ranks! And worth listening in, even if you'd just like to learn how to be a good raid participant.

02 August, 11am (Calendar time)
BEORNING
Roooooar! Come and learn the secret ways of skin-changers, as our beary lovely friend Funshine leads us to discover the best things about being a bear (or being friends with one!).

09 August, 11am (Calendar time)
BURGLAR
Wicked, tricksy, false little hobbitses Ranbler (aka Caco) runs a cloak-and-dagger style tutorial session for anyone wanting to sharpen up on their mischievous little burglar skills.

...and more sessions to follow!

Make sure to sign up so our lovely bootcamp instructors, who have volunteered their time willingly, can be prepared for how many students they'll have!

/cheer for our Bootcamp instructors!

Piccola/Khranki
Kinship Successor

A couple of people have asked about the scheduling of Bootcamp sessions :)

Yes, it is likely that these will all take place at roughly the same time, and on the weekend (with some exceptions). This is partly because some of our instructors hail from outside the traditional oceanic timeslot and thus the weekend makes it easier to match up their availability with ours. It's also because some of our members find it easier to get to weekend events - though not all of us, unfortunately. 

If you are unable to make it to a bootcamp session that you're really keen on, do not despair! Following on from bootcamp will be a series of guides, posted here on the website, stemming from each session and the issues that came up there, plus more general information. And the instructors themselves, all being members of our extended community, will always be around if you want to ask advice from them, as long as you send them /hugs and maybe the occasional pressie! 

Thanks for the interest guys, I can't wait to see what our instructors come up with and it'll be awesome to see what strides we can all make in our own proficiency!

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Oceanic Warriors Kinship Forum Index -> News All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum