View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tailspin/Klob
Kinship Leader

re: Hunt Report

Hail all ye warriors of the night!

Last weekend's hunts were a roaring success. Congrats and thank you to all for fighting the good fight!

Not only did we complete everything we set out to do (well almost), we also met many new people and renewed friendships with some we had not seen in long a while.

For those joining the community this week, please do apply for membership on this site (link on the left). You don't actually have to be in the kinship to be a member here. The site will be built as a news hub for the Oceanic Community in general, with the kinship being the host. We would absolutely love to have one of your characters in the Oceanic Warriors though, we are newly founded and need the support getting established. So let me know if you want to do this and I'll get you an invite post haste.

Anyways, here is what we battled our way through last weekend...

Big Battles
  I think we ran every instance in this cluster, except for the new 6 man. Some of them multiple times, and all of them at platinum level. Most notable performance, our first full platinum run using the public Deeping Wall raid plan! You can't believe how happy I was to see those four stars line up on our report card.
  Lots of symbols, tomes, essences, jewelry, and trait points were had by all. I believe this might be an excellent way to obtain those resources others grind for in places much more boring, like Sammy and Roaming Threats. The Helms Deep cluster is heaps more exciting, has a lot of variety, and is in great demand by the server community as a whole.

Isengard
  We slam dunked most of the instances here too, including several challenge quests. Most notable performance, T2 Draigoch challenge complete! (Someone grab Broggan and get him to chisel that on-the-fly bug fix in stone! He really saved our butts in there.)
  Heaps of deeds were moved into the completed tray for everyone, and I finally got Tailspin's cosmetic threads finished. We didn't get everything done though, and we need to exact our revenge on Saruman's T2 buttocks. Lets take a week or two to research and prepare for our second coming. We should also look towards building our plan to run public Draigoch raids.

I think these weekend runs will do a lot to help our community grow and reach higher with what we are able to achieve. I will look at my personal schedule and try to balance things so I can put them on the calendar more often. In the future, I'm hoping we have more people comfortable with scheduling and leading fellowships and raids, as this will be key in creating a lasting community that is not dependent on a few core players to survive. Just looking at the people we had online last weekend, I saw several who had both the knowledge and leadership to be excellent raid leaders, so I'm very hopefully indeed.

Well fought all!!

Piccola/Khranki
Kinship Successor

re: Hunt Report

Great summation, Klob. I know I thoroughly enjoyed running the Deeping Wall Raid and Draigoch especially and it was just amazing seeing a pug, including some greener members who had never fought the dragon, get t2c! Maybe not first try, but as close as can be. 

Must remember to schedule extra time for getting people ferried down into the lair next time :) Lost count of how many burnt, crispy carcasses line that gauntlet ;P

And it was just incredible seeing how many people there are out there with the skills to pick up leadership on the fly, and others who make such great team players. There was so much great communication going on there that it just made me happy!

Looking forward to next weekend's raids and maybe some late night stuff before the weekend.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Oceanic Warriors Kinship Forum Index -> News All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum