View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tailspin/Klob
Kinship Leader

re: Stoking the fires again.

Greetings!

I wanted to let all my old friends know that I will be back in LotRO from this week. It's been a very productive few months since I left and although I missed the game and community, I was glad I got that stuff done while I was away. For those who knew about it, the book (and series) will come out sometime in the first half of next year.

Sadly, won't be online anywhere near as much as I was before. I'm really only looking at a few hours in the evenings throughout the week. So, I don't think that will be enough to run the kinship. What I am planning to do (once I relearn all the pretty buttons) is run some regular public stuff. I figure it will be a lot like the very beginning of O.W., when we were more of a community hub than a kiship.

I know that just about everyone that was here has moved on to more active homes, as you should have. But I still would like to play with you, and that's why I think the hub idea will work best. Everyone is welcome to join the events posted on the calendar, and in fact, use any of the resources on this site such as the Teamspeak server and forums. You can even post events run by other kins to the O.W. calendar. Just pop me a private message or game mail if you want access to calendar editing.

The only thing I do ask is that we keep things basically oceanic time orientated. But even oceanic players can make prime time stuff on Fridays and Saturdays.

As for O.W. as a kinship...
We are a skeleton, but we are still here. I'm hoping we will be lighting more and more of the old candles in our halls as time goes on. The thing is, while I will be a part of it and can even hold the title of kinship leader if that is easiest for everyone, I just won't have the game time I had before.
O.W. will need help from other leaders to make it strong again. The kinship and community we had here was once one of the most active in game, and all the resources are still here. If people would like to help build it again, I'm definitely down for supporting those efforts.
If anyone would like to tag one of their characters with O.W., just let me know. We have no restrictions with regards to players being in multiple kinships.

(P.S. Please don't ask me about the Essence Bank just yet. I have to work that one out with Makii. ;) )

Anyways, I can't express how good it feels to be back!
See you in game.

- Tailspin

Maki-Ganguro
Officer

re:  :)

Welcome back

Hawthorn Thistleberry

I'm definitely interested (though the time zone thing will continue to be a big limiting factor for me). I expect it's way too early to ask this question, but, do you think that the Nostalgia group is on the agenda to revive, or is that likely to be something saved for later?

HawthornThistleberry wrote:

I'm definitely interested (though the time zone thing will continue to be a big limiting factor for me). I expect it's way too early to ask this question, but, do you think that the Nostalgia group is on the agenda to revive, or is that likely to be something saved for later?

The framework for Nostalgia is all still there. We were working on the Moria phase when I took my untimely absence, and it would be a shame to throw away all the work that went into it.

As you mentioned, it is something for the future. Once we have some more players around us, I'm definitely going to put it on the table and see what people would like to do. We could pick up from the gates of Moria, but I feel we have lost a lot of people who have either moved on in levels or left the game. So, another option maybe to relaunch the project from level 1 and bring up a fresh group. Those from the old group could join at Moria, or perhaps bring up another baby toon so they can get in the action from the start.

Anyways, yep, hoping to start this up in some form or the other when more wheels are turning.

Iorbrand
Kinsman/Kinswoman

re: Fire!

Good to see you back Klob.  I too will be restoring the fires again soon. Been without a gaming PC for a long time now but I hope to see you all again in the New Year.

Maki-Ganguro
Officer

I'll wait you,Ior!

Maeree

Great to see you back on, its been fun running content with everyone again, I would be interested in joining a lvl 1 nostalgia group, hope that takes off!!

will zeal

Dive into the dynamic world of online gaming, betting, gambling, jackpots, and poker with Will-Zeal blog. Uncover strategic insights for an exhilarating and informed gaming experience. 

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Oceanic Warriors Kinship Forum Index -> News All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum